Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What's Wrong With Me

Why do they look,
how is it they stare?
Just what is it they see
of this I'm quite unaware.

They're acting as if
I've got some awful defect.
What's this image I have,
what do I project.

As far as I see it
I'm alright, yeah I'm cool.
So why do they see me
as some kind of fool.

I'm searchin' myself
can't find nuthin' wrong.
I know who I am
what's wrong with this throng.

Somebody then said
“take a look from our side”.
I ignored him and thought
this guy's brain must be fried.

They labeled me arrogant
but I just couldn't see
as watching from inside
I could never agree.

Then one day I looked
from their point of view
and what I saw of myself
I had believed was untrue.

So now does seem
as I look from outside
I need to make changes
inner sight did misguide.

You see sometimes we need
the opinions of others
so we can learn to treat all
as if they were brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment