Sunday, October 14, 2012

Rainy Day Golf


Once upon a day so dreary
I'm feelin' oh so tired an' weary.

It's been rainin' for three nights and days
keepin' me from golf an' play.

Don't know what tomorrow will bring
as I clean my clubs an' golfin' things.

The wife, I'm getting' on her last nerve
givin' help she don't want but does deserve.

Now don't get me wrong, we got lotsa love
but when I'm hangin' round like this she needs help from above.

She says take off get outta the way
go find a game in the rain you can play.

But it's golf that I love, you all know about that
so I take the umbrella and find that rain hat.

Then I take off to play knowin' full well I'll get wet
but it's better'n argue'n yep now that's a good bet.

With a nose that starts drippin' an' shoes that are soaked
I'm playin' my golf, oh man am I stoked.

Got no care in the world today about score
an' with nobody else out here won't have to yell fore.

So I finish my round and I had some great fun
it's my wife I should thank as this day's a homerun.

2 comments:

Shelby Courtland said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brian McLaughlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment