Monday, December 17, 2012

T'is the Season


Deep in the corner there stood a strange tree
with an unusual effect
it was talking to me.

It had these bright shiny ornaments on all of it's boughs
and an angel on top
not allowing my drowse.

The lights flashed so softly, it was a comforting glow
announcing the season,
letting me know.

T'is the time now for giving it's arrived once again
but why just at Christmas
the poor we have with us my friend.

Why is it we seem to ignore this all year
and only equate it
to eight tiny reindeer.

The needs of the poor who are human like us
are so easily forgotten
why's our giving so brusque.

Do we not care about those hungry and cold
haven't we learned
or have we just gotten old.

It could have been me, no it could have been us
that others ignored
and thrown under the bus.

I'm lucky enough to have not gone over that ridge
while others are barely surviving
living under a bridge.

Do we let them go hungry, do we let them stay cold
are we so blind we can't see
it could have been us in that mold.

That's why it's always the time whether we're from suburbs or hood
that we be working together
for the worlds common good.

No comments:

Post a Comment