Monday, August 19, 2013

I Can See Clearly Now

After losing an eye
you'd think I'd still cry
why me Lord
this life isn't fair.

As I used to have two
to view sky’s of blue.
Am I being treated
as if God doesn't care?

Feeling sorry for self
putting life itself on a shelf
seemed so easy
as if this should be the norm.

But then came the reminding
that each cloud has it's lining.
A silver one
with a lesson to learn.

Although one was gone
I'd have to move on
with a life
that had plenty of purpose.

You see the sky is still as blue
as when I had two
but now
I can see it's shear beauty.

There are flowers and trees
the birds and the bees
I see them all
with a fresh mind.

It's as if there's new light
with a brand new insight
and appreciate
the beauty in all.


Everything is beautiful
in it's own way.
Like the starry summer night,
or a snow-covered winter's day.
And everybody's beautiful
in their own way.
Under God's heaven,
the world's gonna find the way. 
-thank you Ray Stevens-

No comments:

Post a Comment