Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Distractions Are Deadly To Words

There is a way between voice and presence where information flows. In disciplined silence it opens. With wandering talk it closes. ~ Rumi

Often I have wondered
where the words have gone
they were there
really they were
just a moment ago
they were but an instant away
of the present moment
there was a slight distraction
and they were gone

I've searched everywhere
but they are nowhere to be found
the frustration
I began asking myself
aloud
what could have happened to them
soon I became frantic

Realizing the futility
I gave up
and yet still
shouting at myself
said
“TO HELL WITH THOSE WORDS”

“WHO NEEDS 'EM ANYWAY”

I forced myself quiet
emptied my mind
letting it all go
it was then that a strange thing happened
the words
all of them
returned





No comments:

Post a Comment