Thursday, August 2, 2012

This Damned Weight


All this weight
that i'm carryin' round
is too much to handle
it's takin' me down.

Other folks
they think that I'm happy
they don't get to see
what's inside
they try to be friendly,
I know it won't work
what I do is
I run off and hide.

I know
if they got to look deeper
and see me
for who that I am
they'd take off and leave me
alone once again
as I wouldn't
fit in to their plan.

Now again
I find that I'm lonely
as I crawl off
to my little shell
I hide there so safe
from the outside
and spend life
in a self imposed hell.

So this weight
that I find upon me
that hinders my pathway
through life
becomes something
that I learn to live with
or cast aside
toward a life without strife.

Today
I must open the doorway
for others to see
who I am
to accept me
with all of my problems
lift me up
like I know that they can.

For those times that
we find life's load heavy
we should step back
and try to understand
we cannot travel
life's path without help
we're not weak
when we accept a hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment