Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Don't Go Changin'

Nobody likes me

Everybody hates me

I'm gonna go eat worms

So do I change for them
or do I stay who I am

Do I live in a manner
that they'll accept me

An existence based on lies
untrue to mine own self

It's sounds so much better
than the life I have now

But they still laugh

They call me a fake

I still don't fit in

There's another group I can try
maybe they'll believe my white lie
if I can become someone else
I'll no longer be left on the shelf
I'll be part of the group
be with the in crowd
accepted I'll be
and I'll shout it out loud

But that didn't work
well it did for a while
but lately when they look at me
I see a strange smile
kinda like when the others did see
the facade I'd put on
now they're laughin' at me

Where do I go
what will I do
lately I'm feelin'
like an old worn out shoe
where will I find
the acceptance I need
“try looking inside
from your heart you should feed”

The voice had come strong
the message was clear
the answer so simple
I was knocked on my ear

I remembered the start
of a song I'd once love
I could hear the words now
as they came from above

"Don't go changing, to try and please me
You never let me down before
Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore
I would not leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are"

That's when i decided
it was all inside me
to accept who i was
and always would be


Lyrics ~ Billy Joel





No comments:

Post a Comment