Monday, February 8, 2016

Silent Times Bring Gold - rewritten

The quiet times, alone in the beautiful morning silence. There is that wheezing cat, she's a fat one always there beside me but otherwise, alone and taking in a little my time.

It seems as though it is these types of moments that my thoughts turn to memories of earlier days. They come on their own. Good and bad both drift in and out but the good ones seldom hang on long enough for me to enjoy the positivity of their building blocks. Those good times brought many positive lessons which helped to shape me into who I am today. They seem to drift off quickly though allowing the negative moments to creep in.

These negative moments, these bad time of my life, they stay in my mind so much longer. It's funny how they can enter not only during the quiet moments but often are present reminding me that they existed and that they too had an influence on who I was becoming all along the way.

Today, I look at these negative times as valuable lessons learned. My guess is that they stay with me longer so that the lesson they had taught me might keep me from repeating the mistakes I had made on the way. If I am going to make new mistakes, they need to bring fresh lessons.

Although I have no wish to relive or even think about the the bad times of life, it seems as they do a great service. I probably should be grateful to them as they tend to motivate me to do better and offer a more acceptible behavior in my daily life.

Seems hard to argue that moving away from the bad moments, not reliving them isn't a good direction to take. Like I've said, I don't even want to think about reliving the moments that brought the negative side of me.

Anyway, moving away from the negative and concentrating on the positive side of life has helped me to appreciate what I've learned. The importance of not pushing a negative attitude out in front of me and at least attempt to share a little happiness with others. People just don't need to have to face the ugliness of a negative attitude at every turn as they try to make it through their day. I guess I must have been paying a little bit of attention to how bad the negative memories effected how I felt and saw now reason to spread it around. It all opened me up to view life from a whole different perspective.

Taking it all down to the bottom line though, I think that it was the negative lesson were the most important and the memories of the hard time are the things that keep me on a road of wanting to make a difference for others.





No comments:

Post a Comment