Sunday, September 1, 2013

Where Has My Happiness Gone

I remember when we first got our new car.
I was so happy.
A smile came to my face each time I thought of it,
never mind when I got into it for a drive.
It's older now
it doesn't seem to bring that same smile any longer.

The day we had a hot tub installed
I was so happy.
We used it all the time
but not so much anymore.
It's just not the same as it used to be.
My smile leaves whenever I see it needs cleaning.

The day we closed on the new house
I was so happy.
It was our pride and joy for a while
but now
it's just a lot of work.
The smiles it brought have disappeared.

I just knew that the new garden would make me happy.
Not so much for very long.

That new TV,
that ought to make me happy I thought.
Didn't take long to just become the TV.

The trips and vacations!
They should have done it.

Why doesn't the happiness last?
Why is it so temporary?

Maybe they were right.
Maybe I am looking in the wrong places.


Maybe I should have looked within myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment