Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pro or Con, Which Way Do We Go?

Pro and con
so opposite these are
they just make me think
we haven't come very far

How can we today
once again as a nation
get moving forward
without a foundation

The folks at the bottom
must be healthy and strong
of this I am certain
I know I'm not wrong

So many homeless
starving and cold
just barely surviving
including our old

The congress doesn't care
unless there's something for them
they block any progress
while clearing their phlegm

“To hell with the poor
long as I've got mine
who cares if they're sick
it's not worth our time”

Not caring one bit
for the needs of the poor
yet padding their pockets
giving themselves so much more

When will we move forward
will we again see progress
or keep moving backward
because of congress





No comments:

Post a Comment