Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Purpose

Said a sheet of snow-white paper, "Pure was I created, and pure will I remain forever.  I would rather be burnt and turn to white ashes than suffer darkness to touch me or the unclean to come near me." ~ Khalil Gibran



What is my purpose
am I here just for me
doing those things
that ensure purity

Staying untouched
as I take care for the needs
of people around me
who suffer from poverty

Yet I still feel so empty
somethings not quite right
I've given and given
but don't see the light

I refuse what they offer
I must turn them down
and it's breaking my heart
when their smile turns to frown

All of my life
I've thought giving was best
and helping out others
I'd be totally blessed

But wait I think I see
my purpose is not just for me
not only to give and care for others
but also to receive and truly be brothers

Ah now there's that filling
my heart now can soar
we're sharing nothing but smiles
between me and these poor



We must do our part in the lives of others and let others do their part in our lives to accomplish our purpose in life.




No comments:

Post a Comment