Sunday, July 14, 2013

Be Careful How Deeply You Look

As you study me
many faults you shall see.
So don't study me too long or too deep.

You see, that which we study
we often consume
and my faults they can be quite contagious.

None of us are immune
and we cannot pretend
we don't mimic the actions of others.

For in this one small way
we are all quite the same.
This can be bad but it's really quite natural.

Please, just don't look at me
with expectations to see
a person any-wheres close to prefect.

I am who I am
and that's just how it is.
But you are who you are just as well.

See I’ve studied you
and you've got your faults too.
I'll admit I began to let them change me.

What I didn't do
was accept you as you.
I was so focused on those faults that I saw.

Respect was the one thing
I first should have shown.
You deserved much better, instead I criticized you.

Now the damage is done
and I can say it's not fun.
It's my fault I've lost a friend and a brother.

So before it's too late
and you make this mistake
please stop looking so deeply at others.

Though our lives are our own
we should not be alone. 
Being critical in the end leaves us lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment