Tuesday, July 16, 2013

It's All Beautiful

There was a time
I had two working eyes.
One was weak
but still I had two.

Seeing the world through the two
I saw many things.
Some were beautiful
others seemed to turn me away.

Then I lost one
in my mind this was tragic.
I started feeling sorry for myself
every day.

The fear crept in,
that of losing the other.
What would happen
if I became totally blind.

But then I started to see that
so many others were worse off.
That's when I realized
to appreciate what I had.

For it's not what you've lost
but what you still have
and I still had
the sight in one eye.

I've not got a problem
with walking or talking.
I can feed myself
and oh yes still play golf.

And now when I gaze at the world
everything seems so different.
I can find beauty
in just about all things I see.

Whether it's people,
mountains, lakes or the trees
each part of this earth
has something special for me.

I take it all in
being quite thankful.
As having one eye
taught me to appreciate all.

1 comment:

Post a Comment