Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Don't Quit

I cared
I had hoped to right a wrong
but never spoke out
my plight was never heard.

To make that difference
and reach the whole
my voice must be heard
and become important to all.

My voice
small and alone as it is
would become drown in a sea of apathy
when trying to address the masses.

To holler and scream
at the top of my lungs
attempting to force others to listen
will only come across as rebellion.

That appearance of rebellion
accomplishes nothing
bringing results contrary to desires.
You see they've never really listened to me.

Stay calm
speak softly
make them lean in to hear,
it is then that they will actually listen.

But if I stay silent
in my attempt to do good
I am sure to fail,
as I've already given up and quit trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment