Sunday, August 9, 2015

A Moment as the Universe or A True Moment of Zen

This morning, eyes closed sitting in my favorite chair
it seems as I was truly alone for a brief moment
total quiet, total comfort

I thought why has bringing a foot stool close crossed my mind
it could in no way increase the peace I was feeling

Then I went blank
not a thought in my mind

For this instant
I seemed to disappear completely

I was existing to simply be part of the whole

I was the universe

I now question whether I had reached a true moment of zen

In an instant I knew that I must share this moment
and in that thought
the moment ceased to exist
I was back in the world of the limited

That emptiness was filled with a peace I have never experienced before

I hope to take this trip again soon



No comments:

Post a Comment