Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mountain Climbing

Not every mountain is worth the time and effort it takes to climb: Walk around some. ~ Cindy Cummings Johnson ~

The mountain was there
what could I do
it had beckoned me to face it head-on
the gauntlet had been cast
the challenge set
life on the other side would change forever
all I had to do was to climb it
conquer it
make it mine

WHAT COULD GO WRONG

Each mountain has it's own personality
who would it be that I would meet
dangers
blessings
they can both be found in the mountains
sharp rock, steep cliffs and open fissures
yet marvelous viewing
and the knowledge that I could make it
not only to the top
but to the other side

WHAT COULD GO WRONG

Would I have the strength to climb
the conviction to continue
the confidence to begin
in the first place

WHAT COULD GO WRONG

These questions hounding me
I fear that my strength will fail
my conviction will not be enough
where is my confidence

Why not just walk around
I could avoid the danger
but I would miss the blessing

The mountain is my life
if I do not answer the challenge
I shall never learn to live





No comments:

Post a Comment